The last time I posted on here I was newly 25 and what a year it has been, I am a week away from turning 26. And boy has it been a year.
So here are the 25 things I learned in my 25th year.
1. If it doesn’t serve you, or more importantly if they don’t serve you, let it go.
2. You can stay connected and together even when you can’t see anyone, you are the only thing standing in the way of that. Not space.
3. Age is not a dictator of friendship or relationships. It is an inconsequential number.
4. You will never get on with everyone but that doesn’t mean that you can’t work with them.
5. I am lazy, and it’s a problem that only I can solve.
6. Children will forever be disgusting but they will also bring every ounce of joy to a day, even when jumping off a cupboard into your face.
7. You are powerful, strong and can handle absolutely anything if you resolve yourself to.
8. Power isn’t about bossing anyone around, it’s about how you handle someone bossing you around.
9. The family you chose are just as important as the family you are born into.
10. That I have no idea what I want for my life. I have a million concepts and pressures that aren’t real and yet I still plan only a year ahead.
11. Exercise can be fun.
12. Having flat abs and a killer ass will not make you beautiful
13. If you love trashy tv and awful pop music and dressing with a bit too much flesh, be you. Screw everyone else’s opinions
14. Music in a classroom can be more effective and fun than any story and sometimes you just have to take a cue from the kids.
15. I am an excellent teacher, even if my school doesn’t always appreciate it.
16. You can fuck up the most you have ever, and if they are truly your friends they will forgive you.
17. It is not easy to learn to do the splits.
18. It is possible for fall for someone again.
19. It is just as important to have fun with someone as it is to be able to do nothing with someone and still be content and happy.
20. You hate rats. Truly hate them.
21. You will miss Coventry. You never though you would and yet somehow it has become a little home for you. And maybe, just maybe you don’t need to settle in London to feel home.
22. Russian is impossible.
23. You are messy. Nothing changes there.
24. Even in a global pandemic you fill your life with drama.
25. You still have everything to learn.