Inspired by the video by struthless here is my half year reset.
I’ll save you the pain of reading the nonsense that happens in my head
January Goals and What Happened To Them
1. read 24 books (have read 18 so am ahead of schedule)
2. daily 5 minute Russian (did this for January and then stopped)
3. academic money goal (am £700 below target)
4. weight loss goal (hit it, put back on 2kg, but it fluctuates)
5. daily affirmations (they are on my mirror)
6. limit social media to 1 hour a day (most days I do this)
7. keep a diary (I have done a photo a day instead)
Why I Missed The Goals and Why I Succeeded
1. I made targets for how much I needed to read per day in order to finish the book within 2 weeks to keep on schedule. I prioritised reading. I read on my commute. I fell in love with books again.
2. I was lazy, I find it hard and need accountability in order to do it.
3. I went on holiday and enjoyed my friends. I do not feel bad about this.
4. I went on holiday, I stopped exercising, I started eating all hours again.
5. I may not say them to myself everyday but I do look at them and I have been nicer to myself.
6. I put on a limit on my phone that shuts my social media down after an hour of use and I usually don’t test the limit of it.
7. I kept forgetting to write my journal and needed to catch up days and I felt guilty so I stopped altogether but have replaced it with something I am enjoying more.
Second Half Of The Year Goals In Order
1. Read the other 6 books I need to complete my yearly target.
2. Save my monthly target.
3. Exercise at home once a week, restrict eating hours a minimum of 4 days a week.
4. Learn some Russian daily.
5. Say something nice to yourself for every not nice thing you say.
6. Let yourself be vulnerable and brave.
Who Am I Going To Be
A dedicated, passionate reader who is positive and self accepting, considerate with her spending, compassionate to her body by building it’s strength and nourishing it, who is becoming proficient in a second language and is open and fearless.
An accountability partner – need to invest in pressure and accountability in order to reach my goals.
Wake up 10 minutes earlier, fit as much in that time as possible.
Sticking To The Plan
Make Russian cards to have under pillow so that it’s easy to do or read a little bit of Russian without a time limit on the amount.
Be compassionate to myself, if I miss a day, just start again the next.
Why I Am Worth It
I am a kind, caring and generally positive person who deserve to continue to grow, develop and achieve. I deserve treats and success because I share those with the people I love.