So I have been home for almost 2 weeks now, and after months of pining to be back, I can’t wait to go again!
The inevitable dread of starting back at work, at having to live at home with my parents again, of having to balance my social life and do all the other adult things is already wearing down on me!
The only benefit: the fact it’s summer. The hot weather and promise of a holiday in a couple of days is the only thing dragging me through the harsh reality of being back from my travels.
Holiday blues are real, and they are punishing.
What i learned from working 34 hours in 3 days, a lovely 4 am start to a 6pm finish.
- You are more capable than you think
- You can survive on a lot less sleep
- The lack of sleep will catch up with for a solid 8pm bedtime
- Your patience will be tested
- You will eat less
- You will miss out on seeing loved ones
- Time will fly by
- You will have moments of doubt that its worth it
- You will have moments where you are finding it easy
- You will realise that things you dreamed of are a possibility but will require compromises you are unsure you are willing to make now faced with them
- You will make difficult choices
- You are terrible at saying no
- You did not pack appropriate clothing
- Or snacks
- Maybe you are not as unfit as you first thought
- It will end
- You will feel a tad lost when no longer at work
- You will create bonds
- You will gain confidence and reassurance and renewed sense of motivation
- You will let things like hygiene slide, because quite simply wearing the same top two days in a row isnt that bad and you are in no position to do laundry or care very much