So today i made the snap decision to quit my very new and very demanding job in recruitment.
The company, i cannot fault. They were absolutely amazing to me, and supportive and understanding and i feel very privileged to have had the opportunity and experience. But, when it came down to it, it just wasn’t for me, and at the moment i think that’s okay.
So here is what i learnt in my 10 day whirlwind recruitment tour:
- I put too much pressure on myself
- I am not money motivated
- How to write an advert
- What recruiters look for on a CV
- That targets suck
- That i want to help people
- A young office is amazing
- I can rock office formal
- Blazers are expensive
- Phone calls just aren’t that bad
- How to hide crying in the bathroom
- Leads suck
- Disappointing yourself is way worse than disappointing someone else
- Work hard, Play hard is a lot more work than play
- Bus rides are great for winding down
So although it may not have been the career for me, its something that i have tried and can cross off, and take points away for what i am looking for. Its a stepping stone into the dream job.