The very common phrase “Its the best thing since sliced bread” so i decided to culminate a list of things that are definitely the best thing since the invention of sliced bread in 1928.
- The Internet – like where would we be without it! Definitely not reading this that’s for sure…
- Birth Control Pills/ Implant – i mean without this we wouldn’t have had the swinging sixties, a liberation in women’s rights and the chance to establish ourselves as people rather than only mothers
- Velcro – not as useful now but as a child hands down the most important and useful substance in existence! Nobody could get their heads around that tying your laces business!
- Tupperware – I am not a meal planner, but i am an over cooker, and how on earth did people store things before the Tupperware container?
- The Mini Skirt – how odd that it took to the sixties to work out we could cut the fabric shorter..
- Disposable Nappies – i know that fabric nappies are back in fashion and a million times better for the environment, but honestly with the prospect of little to no sleep and a screaming child, laundry i doubt is the top of your priority list!
- Mobile Phone – Oh the joys of being contactable 24/7 pretty much anywhere
- Sun Tan Lotion – How did people manage without it? Did they just boil in the sun to hide from the rays?
- Monopoly – Cant even imagine a life without the 3 hour onslaught of monopoly and the inevitable 2 hour post game slump and festering anger
- Jet Engine – The ability to fly at monumental speeds and giving people the freedom to travel, interact and expose themselves to everything and everyone life has to offer, if that isn’t better than sliced bread i don’t know what is!